Argos is the UK’s 2nd largest retail website with nearly a billion visits per year. Argos Technology is responsible for the website, Apps (6million downloads and counting), the supply chain and distribution (same day delivery). We are the engine making everything work; solving problems, building software, fast, with the aim of creating unrivalled user experience for our customers.
See us on YouTube.
Our graduate scheme
We are looking for Graduate Software Engineers with a passion for coding. You need to have a curious mind and always looking for opportunities to improve solutions, process, yourself.
- As a fast-growing team, we still have the feel of a start-up. This means you won’t be ‘just another developer’ in a large, impersonal environment. Instead, you’ll have the freedom to contribute and make your ideas happen.
- Our scheme means you’ll spend time with different teams depending on your interests – gaining exposure to a variety of technologies.
- We work in a fully Agile environment, where collaboration is key. Looking ahead, we anticipate moving to cloud-based development and using DevOps to automate everything.
- You’ll work with a truly innovative team of designers, testers and engineers who have changed the way people shop.
- More and more of our customers are now shopping with us online. We were the first UK retailer to hit £1bn in sales from mobile devices. So you work will have an impact on millions of customers.
Technologies you'll be using
- Spring Boot
- Docker, Vagrant
- ELK stack
What you've learnt so far
- Recent graduate of a computer science or other technical programme
- Exposure in distributed computing with emphasis on horizontal partitioning
- One or more programming languages
- A range of development techniques including Agile, Kanban.
- Ability to implement designs using modern patterns of software development
- Knowledge of algorithms and complexity theory
- Exposure to cloud computing, stochastic computation or machine learning/AI.
What you'll get in return
- 24 month graduate scheme
- Brand new Mac or Windows laptop
- Competitive salary
- Store discounts
- Flexible working
- Pension scheme